First Aid Courses
I offer a range of certified and accredited first aid courses. This reassures you, and your insurer where appropriate, that the courses are of good quality and all your work is quality assured before any certificate is issued.
All first aid courses can be offered face to face or as a blended offer, where 50% of the learning is on a virtual platform and 50% learning and assessment time is face to face. For Paediatric First Aid, and First Aid at Work, some of the virtual work is undertaken in the students own time using a workbook which has proved very popular.
Emergency First Aid at Work (6 hour one day course)
It is important that every workplace (even if you only employ one or two staff members) has staff appropriately trained in First Aid. For many workplaces with fewer than 50 employees, this is the ideal qualification but you can check for more information at www.hse.gov.uk/firstaid. This Level 3 accredited course covers basic first aid skills, including dealing with an unconscious casualty, managing bleeding, choking and shock as well as minor injuries. Consideration is also given to what should be in a first aid kit and how to record accidents.
This Level 3 course is a first aid course accredited by ITC first.
First Aid at Work (Level 3 qualification 18 hours delivered in a variety of ways including blended learning)
This is the full 3 day First Aid at Work qualification suitable for those working in larger work places or where help is not immediately available. We can also offer the 2 day requalification for First Aid at Work if you have a current certificate still in date –
Paediatric First Aid (12 hour course delivered in a variety of ways including blended learning)
This course is for anyone who works with children from birth to the age of 18. This course is suitable for anyone caring for a baby or child and meets the requirements of Ofsted and the Early Years Foundation stage statutory framework. We can also offer Outdoor or Forest School Paediatric courses –
There are lots of First Aid courses about, so why train with us?
- The prices include accreditation, tea and coffee and convenient parking and venues accessible by public transport
- All first aid tutors are experienced, so we have ‘walked the walk…’ not just teaching you a load of theory! The courses are fun and practical with a minimum of sitting and listening!
- All our courses are accredited by ITC training (www.itcfirstaid.org.uk) who quality assure all our work
- We believe in keeping the Yorkshire pound in Yorkshire and book local community venues when we can
- Many learners like the fact that there are no exams – there is continual assessment throughout the course
But don’t just take our word for it, read what some of our clients say below and for further feedback click here
- The best first aid course I have been on, I learnt lots of new things. Feel a confident First Aider
- I would definitely do the blended course with Jill again. I feel I have put more time in and learnt more because we can go back and recap the Youtube videos
- Good balance of information to practical application
- The trainer made the content relevant to my work environment
- I really enjoyed the training, the blended was a refreshing change I preferred it, definitely see you in three years.
First Aid Requirements for your Workplace
We get asked lots of questions about this. To assess your requirements, you need to undertake a First Aid Risk Assessment and record this. Should you need any help with this