Our safeguarding training courses
We currently offer various safeguarding courses. Two of these can be booked using this part of the website.
The Level 2 training is suitable for anyone who needs to be aware of safeguarding but will be able to refer concerns to someone else. The course covers both children and adults and by the end of the course learners will:
- Have developed awareness of possible signs of abuse
- Know what to do if a child or adult at risk is being abused
- Have considered wider issues of safeguarding
- Update their knowledge around other key areas of safeguarding including the term ‘Adult at Risk’
- Have an understanding of the procedure for managing allegations
The Level 3 Safeguarding training takes this to a further depth and also equips staff who might have to make a decision about how to take a concern forward. Again this course focusses on both adults and children.
The learning objectives are detailed below and by the end of the course learners will:
- Have reviewed learning from previous safeguarding courses
- Have an overview of statutory guidance which applies in their work area
- Be able to use the continuum of need model to identify good practice in their own settings
- Have considered early help provision for adults at risk
- Have considered the benefits and challenges of multiagency working
- Know about the relevant statutory processes
- Understand the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Have identified particular vulnerable groups
- Be clear about protocols of information sharing
- Have shared learning about the role of the worker in these processes and creating a safe environment including recording
- Used their learning to develop an action log encouraging them to develop as reflective practitioners
Both these courses have been quality assured by the CPD, who have certified the courses. For more information, visit https://cpduk.co.uk/providers/jill-webb-training.
If you have four or more staff wishing to be trained in safeguarding , it might be more economical for us to run the course at your premises.
Please contact us to talk through your requirements and for us to provide you with a quote.