Update on accredited training
Just a quick update to say I am now taking bookings for accredited training in March and June in
- first aid
- food safety.
In response to a few queries I have had recently, just to clarify:
- For childcare settings there are 2 sets of first aid requirements. Those caring for children need the Paediatric First Aid training in line with the Early Years Foundation stage or the governments guidance for schools
- If you care for children over the age of 11 - 12 you will need first aiders who have done the adult first aid courses
- Under health and safety legislation as an employer you need to ensure you have first aiders trained in adult first aid - the one day Emergency First Aid at Work is ideal for this - this is the part which is often missed so worth a reminder.
In response to the question why do we offer Food Safety when it can be done on line - we offer this because:
- Many learners find learning on line difficult
- We don't have any end of course exam - assessment is via a portfolio which is built up
- It is a great way of evidencing to environmental health that you meet their requirements.
And finally - safeguarding - we have had a lot of interest in our accredited courses which complement those offered by local safeguarding boards and offer a chance to learn with others from different backgrounds as well as come out with a qualification!
More details on all courses can be found here.